Last updated: 2021-10-05
Guiding Privacy Principles
We always make it a priority to protect your personal and privileged information. We do not sell your information. We limit access to your personal and privileged information to those persons who need to know it to perform their jobs and to provide services to you, and as required or permitted by law. We maintain physical and electronic safeguards to protect such information from unauthorized use or disclosure.
- ASX only collects and maintains the minimum amount of data necessary to provide services to you.
- ASX does not sell your personal information.
- ASX maintains physical, procedural and technological controls to protect customer information and to comply with applicable privacy laws and regulations.
Collection of your personal information
We collect information that we believe is necessary to serve you effectively and to permit us to meet your needs. The types of information we collect about you and the sources from which we collect the information include: through electronic devices such as laptops, phones, and tablets, and through written correspondence and communications from you. The types of information we collect about you include: your name, address, telephone number; information regarding Your transactions with Us; information that you provide to Us on Our Website; information that We receive from third parties about You or that You use when on Our Website or App; information from website usage (or traffic) including information automatically collected through technology such as cookies, pixels, and tags; information from governmental agencies; location information when using the App or Our Website; non-personally identifiable information, including but not limited to browser type, version and language, operating system, pages viewed while browsing the Website, page access times, referring website address, online interactions with other content and websites.
In order to log in to the App, or to use the full features of the Website, We require you to create an account. When you create an account, We request information that personally identifies you. This includes your name, email address, phone number, address and date of birth.
If you join the App as part of a request from a group, a medical business or another user, We collect information about this relationship. If You are allocated to a group when You join as part of a relationship with a workplace or organisation, this information is visible only to Our administrators and the other members of the group.
In order to provide filtering of news, research and social media feeds, We ask that you provide Us with details of Your medical role, including Your medical specialty areas, Your workplaces and Your education history. Whether You provide this information to Us is left up to You.
Apple, iPhone Users: Information about the App’s privacy practices are required for the Apple App Store to assist users in understanding an app’s privacy practices before they download the App on any Apple platform. In addition to the above, we may also collect the following information that is linked to your identity. This information is not used for tracking* purposes:
- Contact Information – email: Users can authenticate their access to the App via email address.
- Identifiers – User ID and Device ID.
- Usage Data – Product Interaction: User engagement analytics help us to improve user interface design.
- Other Data
Sensitive Data: We do not collect personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and do not engage in the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, or data concerning health or medical condition.
Sharing of your personal information
We may occasionally hire other companies to provide services on Our behalf, including but not limited to handling customer support enquiries, processing transactions or posting to social media platforms. Those companies will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the service. We may also share personal information with: industry regulators; law enforcement agencies; governmental authoritities; with attorneys or other authorized persons in connection with legal matters as required by subpoenas, court rules and court orders; with ASX affiliates; or otherwise if We believe that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of ASX, ASX affiliates, our customers, or others connected with Our business. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of Your personal information.
Use of your personal information
We use information that we believe is necessary to serve You effectively and to permit us for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or satisfy the purpose for which You provided the information to Us including administering the services available on Our Website and App that You have requested.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop Our Website/mobile/electronic capabilities, products, and services,
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure Your account with us,
- To process Your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud,
- To provide You with support and to respond to Your inquiries, including to investigate and address Your concerns and monitor and improve our responses,
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business,
- For testing, research, business & statistical analysis building statistical models, and product development, including to develop and improve Our Website, products, and services,
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations,
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Us about Our Website Users is among the assets transferred,
- To the extent that We collect protected classification information, We collect such information to comply with federal and state law and/or, to deliver employee benefits & services,
- To respond to Your inquiries, questions or comments if You access Our Website or App if You send us an email with questions or comments. We may save Your questions or comments or Your e-mail address for future reference,
- To notify You about Your account, products, and services with Us and notify You of any changes to products and services We offer or provide to you.
In addition, the information may also assist Us with managing our business including but not limited to: maintaining business continuity plans, conducting internal audits, fulfilling various legal requirements, or to perform obligations under an existing contract with You.
Content that you share
We collect information about your interactions with content on our Website and App. This includes anonymous information about the number of times content has been shared, saved or deleted. We use this information to serve You better articles, research and news.
We may collect information about links that you share via the App and use them to redistribute to Our other members. You will not be notified if this has occurred.
Links to Other Websites
The Website and App contain links to other websites. Links from the Website do not constitute an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personally identifiable information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personally identifiable information you submit to them. We encourage You to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites You visit.
Accessing Your Personal Information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. We reserve the right to charge a fee for searching for, and providing access to, Your information on a per request basis.